[fsug-bangalore] Follow-up to the meet on Saturday...

Rakesh 'arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Mar 5 01:44:15 IST 2006

--- Nirmal Thacker <nirmalthacker at gmail.com> wrote:

> hey arky,
>
> hyderabad was hot, but the place is really booming,
> i must say. bangalore
> has to wake up soon!

That's great, I was born near hyderabad and left
before Information Technology companies (we had
Satyam, TCS and couple of others) start setting up
offices there, it was mostly body shopping those days.

Well, I don't really side in with one city over
another. We need uniform growth of our countries
economy and concentration of software industry in
single location is really bad. Bangalore hasn't able
to scale to support the growing population and
companies can not sustain the extremely high overhead
and attrition rates in Bangalore.

> i ll try for the weekend , ie: 11th . it would be
> suitable... let me know
> about the following asap:
>

>    - do you need a class or auditorium? or tell me
> the total audience you
>    are targetting (50, 100, 200?)
>     - do you need a projector?

We may have >= 25-30 people from FCI/Blug/FSUG coming
and the students of the BMS (What is your estimation
guys?)

Hmm, it would be great if the college has one and can
lend us or else I have to scout for someone who has
one.

> i suggest you guys start off with hands-on-labs. you
> can have several
> advantages:

Few years back I had proposed an idea of having a
weekend GNU(s) Grazing tech meet, where in people can
bring their computers and experienced users  can help
them out.And people can present their latest cool
hacks and perhaps play NetHack or some games.

Yes having a hands-on workshop really good. Personally
am working on developing an XML training program
(consisting of five or six lectures) that I would take
to different colleges here in banglore and hyderabad
(couple of other places in AP).

At the moments there isn't must interest in Semantic
Web and Web Standards here in Bangalore. But in few
years we are gonna see companies requiring programs to
follow Web Standards from Interface design to Business
services based on XML.

Nirmal, there are lot of thing we can do. Let start
doing one at a time and now lets get the show going
;o)

Cheers

--arky