[fsug-bangalore] [code] cowwords!!!

Rakesh 'arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Jan 18 15:40:52 IST 2006

--- Sajith T S <sajith at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Is it working ?
>
> The interaction part is working for me as you can
> see :)
>
> Oh the script did work.  There was no **PUFF** as
> you said.  I was kinda
> hoping to see **PUFF** by shell script.
> Disappointed.
LOL

<arky dons mexican mustaches and thick spanish accent>

A thousand pardons senor' , but you need wear thick
glasses like me.Perhaps you can grab the soda bottle
from freezer, and look thro it then you will notice
the **PUFF**.

You understand the work done by xmlstarlet(or xml)
'-t' template '-m' match then you get what I meant by
**PUFF** (esp if you have to write any other language.
 )

> Well, I don't use Debian these days (yeah,
> sacrilege, I know.)  Had to
> download an xmlstarlet rpm (sacrilege again!)

Well, as long as its gnu/Linux powered by GPL then
nothing matters.

>In
> the rpm, the binary is
> named simply "xml."  I had cowsay in /usr/local/,

Yes, everywhere the its called 'xml' but only in
gnu/Debian packaging it was changed to 'xmlstarlet'
following the conventions. And if you have a number of
xml parsers and tools named 'xmlto', 'xml2' it will be
a chaos.

But anyway all of 'em are complied against libxml2
(xmlsoft.org) so there still is sanity.

And regarding the question correct filepaths,the
original hack (see my blog posts of 16 Jan) was just a
single lined alias.

My script doesn't do any of the checks, coz 'Garbage
In Garbage Out' style of my coding. (Nay, am just
lazy).

> and the script was
> formatted weirdly by your email client, but these
> things are minor :)

Sorry about the email client, bear with me till I can
a new machine.

Lately as cricket fever was raging thro india, I use
similar method to get the latest scores shall post it
the blog later in the night.

Cheers

--arky