[FSUG-Bangalore] summary of volunteers' meeting 14th Aug

Vikram Vincent vincentvikram@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Aug 15 15:01:21 IST 2006

Hello All,
"INDEPENDENCE DAY GREETINGS"
The reason I haven't used the word "happy" is because this is a day we
observe, recollect the sacrifices of our forefathers and renew our pledge to
uphold the values enshrined in the Preamble of our Constitution.  Free
Software Movement is all about Community and its Freedom. This means that we
have the responsibility to protect and strengthen our Freedoms from the
attacks by various vested interests, expand and strengthen our Community,
using every available opportunity, to further the Movement.

Saying this, I will now give a brief summary of the volunteers' meeting on
the 14th at St.Joseph's college, Shantinagar.

Attendance list:
Dr. Vijoo Krishnan(St. Joseph's College), Dr. S. Chaterjee(IIA), Srikrishna
(IIM), Senthil S.(CISCO), Praveen A.(HP), Ramprasad(), Kushal Das(),
Gyanendra(IISc), Krishan(St. Joseph's), Surendra(Engg. College Lecturer),
Jayakumar( Dept.of Commerce and Industries), and Myself.

Travel: a>Making travel arrangements and b>Manning all entry points.
This can be finalised only when the list of participants is obtained, their
Expected Time of Arrival(ETA), etc...

Help desk and Registration: Ramprasad, Krishan + 2.
Ramprasad has already posted a detailed mail on this.

Assisting delegates: We require at least 20 people full time. IIM boys have
classes and are available only part-time. We can expect the St. Joseph's
Comp Science club boys to chip in. And major responsibility will be on the
FSUG.

Event Publicity: Press-Vijoo, Abhas, Arky, Vikram
RMS open session: 25th St. Joseph's College Auditorium, Langford road, Forum
for Science and Development (FSD). Time not yet finalised.

Medical Aid, Security arrangements, catering: IIMB.

Copies of the Schedule for distribution- Krishan

Stage arrangements: FSF, IIMB.

Materials: Banners, badges, T-shirts for Organisers and volunteers,
etc...<not decided>

Handling discussion sessions: FSF, Vikram + ....

Accommodation: James, Thejesh, Shivanand, Vikram.

Funds: This was a major point as there is a heavy shortage. We request those
who can contribute to please contact<will be notified later>.

Accommodation for RMS: Ramkrishna Reddy(Redhat). Don't forget the 21 points.
Accommodation for foreign delegates: IIMB+...    Number of foreign delegates
required???

Picking up Ciaran-Kushal

Update conference website- Vikram

Next volunteers' meeting : Saturday, 19th August, St. Joseph's college,
Langford road At 4pm. All potential volunteers from Bangalore must not miss
this meeting.
--
Regards
Vikram Vincent