[fsug-bangalore][OT][x-post]Ankit Fadia : The real picture

Rakesh 'arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Apr 6 01:39:08 IST 2006

--- Nirmal Thacker <nirmalthacker at gmail.com> wrote:

> howdy guys,
>
> thank you for starting this topic.As you know the
> same seminar was held at
> BMS college on tuesday this week!

Hey Nirmal, none of us didn't knew about this event by
the Grandmaster of the House of Ethical Hackers. Chaa'
I missed great a chance of hearing his holiness.

Its seems the hype around this guy started with the
news FBI or CIA approaching him to decrypt a graphic
image found an Al Quida terrorist's laptop.[1]

Well, There are many basic flaw's in this story.

First, if any national or international clandestine
organization is vetting you for a job, no one
including yourself will know it.

And say they gave some classified material to work on
they won't let you have it just like that and let the
world know that you are working or worked on it.

Ok fine let's assume this guy got this job., we only
have his word that he successful broke the encryption.
The FBI/CIA is not gonna tell us whether this guy
broke it or not. Isn't it.

Next time someone gives a talk in BMS, I'll request
them to explain the difference between a hacker,
cracker and script-kidddy

Nirmal Thacker ji, I didn't understand what meant when
you invited the __frustrated__ hackers.

> ps: for all you frustrated real hackers i have a
> treat for you!... utsav is
> an inter-collegiate festival held in bmsce which
> most of you must have heard
> of. this time however im handling a hacking event,
> which has never been held
> before (at least at bmsce)!... it will consist of 3
> rounds. a written round,
> followed by an info gathering round and the last
> level which will test your
> real skill!(im not gonna tell you that am i?). you
> will work on a linux
> distro and you can use any tool you wish. come on
> fellas... lets do some
> real stuff...hoping to see you guys there!

Cheers

--arky

[1] Story published in a national weekly magzine and a
computer magzine based in India.