[fsug-bangalore] seminar at bmsce

Kanti Jadia j_kanti@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Sep 14 23:32:31 IST 2005

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 Nirmal Thacker wrote :
>hi list,
>
>well i ve been in touch with praveen and rakesh regarding the seminar at
>bmsce. hopefully we may have it this saturday. unfortunately for praveen,
>could not reach my hod's cell since it was forever out of reach.
>anyways we are in need of speakers. i think a maximum of 3 speakers should
>do, but thats upto you guys. please decide on this and let me know.
>i also need some way to contact one of you guys. someone who would actively
>co-ordinate this seminar with me. rakesh has been pretty busy lately.
>my no is: 9880 281847
>
>if one of you contact me during college hours( 7:30 am to 2:00 pm) by SMS i
>would call you back from my hod's room. she is insisting on talking to one
>of you , but her cell....ah whatever....
>
>we hope we can do it this saturday, but lets not rush it. it is necessary to
>let enough no of students know about the seminar for which i think we must
>have a few posters before a day of the seminar. A small suggestion- when you
>guys have decided on the poster can we have an addition on it? it would be
>just our club (protocol) logo . please let me know asap on this

A few posters which maybe of interest
http://www.fsf.org.in/posters/

Laxminarayan Kamath could help us with his graphite skills as well
http://art.gnome.org/users/1390

>lastly, we are going to have a computer science festival in mid october at
>our college. this is the first time the CSE dept is having a fest of its
>own. If any of you guys working , are interested in sponsoring us at the
>festival please get in touch with me. the slabs have not yet been defined
>but will surely be attractive!

What kind of sponcership are you looking at ?

Can you elaborate on what kinda fest is this

http://gnunify.sicsr.ac.in/ the annual fest for Symbiosis Institute Of Computer Studies and Research comes to mind.

>cheers!
>Nirmal Thacker

Enjoy your Freedom,use GNU/Linux.