[fsug-bangalore] Times of India wants to cever FSD..plz send in ur details asap

Sajith T S sajithts@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Sep 14 11:14:14 IST 2005

Jhinuk Cchowdhury wrote:

> sajith I think your inputs are interesting...u mean to say bangalore did
> nothing on the SFD? i need details..why dint bangalore do anything on
> that day?
> and what do you think of the SFD thing as a whole? Is it serving its
> purpose?
> how do you see india performing vis a vis world w.r.t SFD ?

Jhinuk, I was saying that FSUG Bangalore did not organize anything.  As
a group, we are still kind of a non-starter.  Regarding SFD, I am not
aware of any other group in Bangalore doing anything.  Maybe Praveen can
help you with this.  Meanwhile, you could visit this page:

http://maitri.ubuntu.com/softwarefreedomday/wiki/index.php/India

In Karnataka, only Bangalore appears to had an SFD team.  But the link
points to FSUG Bangalore's wiki page, the one Praveen had started :)
But nothing materialized,  I think not many of us had the energy or
time to spare from our busy little lives.

Why no one in Bangalore cared enough is a question that I am asking
myself.  The reason most definitely isn't the absence of enthusiastic
folks.  I think the reason could be cultural.  Most of us are not in
touch with the grassroots, thanks to busy work life and, shall I say,
bourgeoise lifestyle and such.  Or that the Free Software fans here
prefer to do our bit in other ways - like, in terms of technical
contributions.

Incidentally, Kerala appears to had the largest number of groups
planning activities for SFD.  I'm a Keralite, I am sure I would have
participated in FSUG Kochi's celebrations had I been there - reason
could be that I am more of a follower than a leader (at Kochi, there
were folks to initiate things), or that culturally I am more comfortable
there.  Or maybe that I am plain lazy.  I think that the latter is the
more likely reason ;)

I was wondering about everyone else.

Sajith.