[fsug-bangalore] Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) gets LabView Software worth Rs.9 Crores

naveen mudunuru naveenmudunuru@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed May 18 15:41:33 IST 2005

On 5/17/05, Rakesh 'Arky' Ambati <rakesh_ambati at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Blogged at http://arky.in/node/11
>
> Sometime ago we did a FSUG VTU-FLOSS Campaign.Now I just came across
> this news.

> Do you think that a commerical company donating crores worth of
> educational software is *really* altruistic.
>
> Do let us know what you think !!!
no company make software worth so costly would be doing anything so easily.
for every ones knowledge even microsoft gives copies of windows free
of cost to premier institutions like IIIT etc in our country.
this is all becuase if graduate  from a technical institute like  IIIT
says windows is shit then what say would microsoft have in general
market. same is the case here with lab view, if the lecturers are
using labview and get used its working. then whole lot students have
to use and get used it by default.
its like as RMS keeps telling you give a copy of microsoft windows to
a kid its like giving him a pack of cigarretes. same here labview is
distributing pack of narcotics to students through 150+ engg colleges
in the state of karnataka.
politely like an elderlyman helping his grandchildren.

--
regards
naveen