Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU) gets LabView Software worth Rs.9 Crores

Rakesh 'Arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue May 17 01:23:52 IST 2005

Blogged at http://arky.in/node/11

Sometime ago we did a FSUG VTU-FLOSS Campaign.Now I just came across
this news.

THE HINDU,BANGALORE: The Belgaum-based Visvesvaraya Technological
University (VTU) on Wednesday signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU)
with the Indian subsidiary of National Instruments Inc. The MoU
incorporates the donation of the LabVIEW software worth over Rs. 9
crores to engineering colleges affiliated to the VTU.

The university will ensure training of students and faculty in the
software. The software is a programming environment developed for
engineers and is said to be one of the key factors behind the success of
Virtual Instrumentation Technology.

Read More http://www.hindu.com/2005/05/12/stories/2005051205050500.htm

Do you think that a commerical company donating crores worth of
educational software is *really* altruistic.

Do let us know what you think !!!

--arky
Rakesh 'Arky' Ambati <rakesh_ambati at yahoo.com>