[fsug-bangalore] procuring GNU cdrom.

Rakesh 'arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Mar 24 10:32:15 IST 2005

Hello Naveen,
--- naveen mudunuru <naveenmudunuru at gmail.com> wrote:

> dear friends
> i do not know whether the memmbers of this group
> have recognized the
> immediate necessisty to localize GNU/linux to
> kannada or not.

Localization was one of the first issues we discussed
when we started a year, but sadly things don't seems
to turn up as we expected.Its nice to have people like
you come up to help us.

>if there
>  is any teaam interested i can help them out. we
> finished with telugu
> localization recentlly and we named the distro as
> "swecha" . as the
> font rules of kannada and telugu are almost similar
> i think the work
> is more then 50% done. i request all the lovers of
> freedom to think
> about this.

There is Kannada localization team working with
IndLinux, Perhaps you can find it out somewhere on
internet.

If want to help us,here is task which you help 'Free
Schools' project.During the Atma Shree School K12LTSP
setup Zabil and Sanjeev has tried to install/use
kanada fonts on K12LTSP Distro.But there seems to be a
problem there.

If you can help us, a lot of NGO's like Smitha Rao
thank ful.

> dear smitha you tell me the distros i can send
> through courier you can
> contact me through these mail ids

I have already dispatch few CD's to Smitha yesterday.

Perhaps we will have active support in future too.

--arky

\_|       Rakesh 'arky' Ambati       |
  |        Bangalore (INDIA)         |
  | Homepage: http://arky.port5.com/ |