INDIA: Request to sign a petition favouring Free Software in the campus

Rakesh 'arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Mar 15 11:37:54 IST 2005

Hello,

--- Ramanraj K <ramanraj at iqara.net> wrote:

> Rakesh 'arky' Ambati wrote:
>
> >Hoping for active your support.
> >
>     Well, we all used Microsoft Word to submit our
> project documents for
>     review and for other academic purposes. Now we
> have Open Office
>     which is as good as Microsoft Office and has the
> same
>     features.Microsoft Office lacks some features
> like PDF(Portable
>     Document Format) support, compatibility with
> older versions of
>     Microsoft Office, lack a vector drawing
> application,etc. Open Office
>     gives you everything starting from word
> processor, presentation
>     software to PDF generator [Fully compatible with
> Microsoft Office --
>     So already existing data in those formats can be
> used]. Don't you
>     think it's the right time to save money of a
> poor student ?
>
> I never used Microsoft Word that way, and probably
> may other signatories
> also have not.  Please remove all references to
> non-free stuff.

Well, me neither.But Please understand the letter was
written by Thejesh who was trying to explain the
alternative Free Software programs which are available
for common jobs in academic institution.Please try to
improve the letter to present the issue correctly.

--arky

\_|       Rakesh 'arky' Ambati       |
  |        Bangalore (INDIA)         |
  | Homepage: http://arky.port5.com/ |