LTSP @ Atma Shree School Bangalore

Rakesh 'arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Mar 11 00:35:40 IST 2005

Morning Fellows,

  Here am starting a thread on Free Software User
Group(http://bangalore.gnu.org.in) Mailing-list.

The Story So far...

   Sanjeev, who is associated with hohinc.org
initiated the process of donating a server and 5
clients for Atma Shree School here in Bangalore.During
his visit to Bangalore, he setup the LTSP GNU/Linux
with help of Herald from Hyderabad and Zabil from
Bangalore.

 Currently, Zabil helps out with maintain-ace of setup
in his spare time,the team is process of developing
GNU/Linux syllabus for school under Linux_School
project (http://linuxschools.tripod.com).

Please kindly help out this team and provide your
comments.

--arky
PS:The GNU/Linux material is available on
linux at schools project website.

--- coverify at yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
> I am keen to be part of a project for generating
> syllabus using Linux. I want to take the document
> sent
> by Herald and customize for ATMS. I would also like
> open this thread to a bigger audience. Please
> suggest
> where I can get started.
>
> My current thinking is that the doc useful for ATMS
> will have levels. Each level has theory, lab and
> project covered in small focussed chapters. This is
> my
> first cut at it. I will be meeting the teachers
> tomorrow and would discuss with them further.
>
> Level 1:
>     Theory: None
>     Lab   : Gcompris
>     Project: None
>
> Level 2:
>     Theory: Parts of computer, login/logout, GUI,
>             printing documents
>     Lab    :Tuxtype, Tuxpaint KBruch, K%
>     Project:Drawing and take a print out
>
> Level 3:
>     Theory: Files and directories, Scan Photos
>     Lab: TuxMath, Kmplot, Gedit
>     Project: Scan a photo and write about the person
>
> Level 4:
>     Theory: LAN, Internet
>     Lab:    Cut & Paste, Internet Wikipedia, Abiword
>     Project: Geography/History project
>
> Level 5:
>     Theory: Email, Job related
>     Lab   : OO, Windows