[fsug-bangalore] IT For Change, Bangalore

Rakesh 'Arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sat Jun 18 08:55:20 IST 2005

Morning Friends,

FN Writes ....

 I think we need to be clear about what kind of collaboration
        we are talking about here. Personally, I see scope for
        great link-building between Free Software advocates,
        NGOs and ITforDevelopment campaigners -- provided all are
        open to the use of Free/Libre and Open Source Software (and
        are willing to go the extra mile it takes to implement
        such plans).

        For the FLOSS side, we need to work out concrete cases
        were we can offer tech support maybe even if only to one
        or two NGOs to show how useful this process could be to them.
        Migration calls for a lot of support.

        If things work well, then the NGOs would be able to support
        a workable alternative -- in the field of software.
        FLOSS campaigners could also get useful allies, and
        demo situations that work in real life. ITforDevelopment
        needs to build bridges with the wonderful world of
        Free Software. We're trying to do our bit at BytesForAll.org
        too (see http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bytesforall_readers )

        FN

--
arky