[fsug-bangalore] FSUG Ideas & Brainstorms

Zabil Cheriya Maliackal zabilcm@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Jan 7 19:16:20 IST 2005

Oh good.
I just joined the mailing list recently.
Along the lines of what Sajith has just told. I have been toying with
the idea of hopping about the internet cafe and then convincing them to
install and use linux instead of the loads of pirated software that they
already use.
There is this cyber cafe near my house that has windows 2000 advanced
server installed on all their machines. I think I have reason to believe
that it is a pirated version.

The technique distribution that I am to use would be ubuntu because they
have a Live CD (which I can pop in and then show what the thing is
without having to install) and an install CD.

I think a cyber cafe would only want a browser and an instant messaging
client. Also people do come with usb sticks to download data and that
seems to be supported out of the box by Ubuntu.

This road trip I am planning to do maybe this weekend and the coming
weeks.

I would love to have suggestions and the difficulties I will be likely
facing.

Thank you,
Zabil