[fsug-bangalore] hi everyone!

Praveen A pravi.a@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Aug 10 18:57:00 IST 2005

On 8/9/05, Raj Shekhar <rajlist at rajshekhar.net> wrote:

> Secondly, I will restate that approaching the VC is not the correct way
> to bring about a change. There is a need to tell the students and
> teachers about why free software is good in education. The change
> should come from the bottom-up rather than from top-to-down

There nothing wrong in contacting VC thought I completely agree to your
point in spreading awareness to students. Through campaign only we got Free
Software included in Kerala high school curriculam. Now every school has a
chice between MS windows and GNU/Linux and MS Office and Open Office. By
convincing VC of Mysore University we were able to bring in FLOSS in Mysore
University too.

Anyway enjoy these pics of VTU campus in Belgaum !!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/vtu/

Top-down and bottom up are two ways of reaching the goal and both has its
own pros and cons. I don't think it would have been possible to reach the
large number of students if the curriculam didn't have FLOSS.

--
"GNU is the system, and Linux is the kernel."
A proud GNU user http://www.gnu.org