[fsug-bangalore] Participation by FSF-India in LB-05

Kanti Jadia j_kanti@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Aug 8 17:00:04 IST 2005

>A couple of TODOs towards this:

1. Spread awareness about the Free Software Foundation ,India.

2. Distribute FSF Goodies stickers, posters, handouts, and T-shirts
We should be dropping CD's from the list as it would not be feasable.
No writer etc. as well.

3. Collect donations on behalf of FSF-India.

4. Put up a GNU/Hurd box on demo. ( i have not worked on hurd yet )

5. Getting official GNU manuals and books ( need to work on details ).
I know of only one book published in India.The cost of bringing the other books would be high i suppose.(40$ - 1800 Rs for GNU C library). Any alternatives

On the list of sessions we need to get
1. A session on the recent software patents bill and the related events
2. A session on the FSF activities in India, in the past as well as present
3. Kiran's activities in Andhra could be put

Regards

Kanti

Enjoy your Freedom,use GNU/Linux.
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/why-gnu-linux.html