[fsug-bangalore] suggestion for software freedom day

Rakesh 'Arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Aug 1 20:58:27 IST 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 08:09 -0700, nivead wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> > My suggestion is to have a "Linux Demo Day" in a
> college.
> +1

That's Great :o)
(Hey LunaTech I think we got the ball rolling here)

> > There were demos and CD distribution (Delhi LUG
> > earned a good amount
> Can't we try to ship some Ubuntu CD's and  distribute
> it ?

Yes, I have 30 CDS of Ubuntu CD's for x86,Sparc,AMD64 And PowerPC and we
can put them on the table to distrube them.In the recently concluded
DebCon5 (Debian Conference 2005) in Helenski in Finland, I was surprise
to see packs of Ubuntu kept for redistribution.

Alternative suggestion is, Abhas has said sometime back to have computer
with a CDROM with all the ISO images on harddrive, we can burn CD's as
and when people request it for a cost of a blank CD.

> even we can try to get backup of some corporate
> sponsor, If such participations have nothing to harm
> with our basic philosophy of freedom....

That depends on the scale of the event we are going to organise first,
let start with the baby steps.(phrase stolen for smitha rao)

NB:I again forget the real name of LunaTech ;P

--
arky
PSL