[fsug-bangalore] [Fwd] Re: demo@Schools - Designer wanted

Suraj suraj@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Sep 15 16:24:29 IST 2004

Sajith T S wrote:
From: Sajith T S <sajith at symonds.net>
,----
| Well, no :)
|
| The project page  in savannah says that "Demo at Schools  project aims at
| promoting  Free  Software to  educational  institutes  in India"  and,
| "...the projected  started with  the aim of  demoing Free  Software to
| matriculation schools in Tamilnadu."
`----

Of course,  I was kidding.  It  would be good to  have it resurrected.
But  what  I thought  of  was  that it  was  a  'feasible' project  in
Madras/TamilNadu because  each school decided its own  syllabus. So it
was  only a  matter of  doing  things the  big-brother way  ;) Help  a
"smaller"  school in  the  locality and  thereby  make the  "opponent"
(larger) school to also adopt Free Software. Atleast that was the evil
domination plan that we had. ;)

,----
| demo at schools could  be resurrected, it should be  better than starting
| afresh... what are the limitations of such a PoA, if any?
`----

No  limitation as  I see  it.  Good thing  is that  I'm still  holding
Rs.5000/-  from the  Demo at Schools  fund.  So even  if  we needed  some
collateral, it can be done.

cheers,

  -Suraj

--