[fsug-bangalore] Event in Bangalore on July 21st...

Sreekiran dwija@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Jun 15 03:36:40 IST 2004

"Rakesh 'arky' Ambati" <rakesh_ambati at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Abhas Abhinav <abhas at deeproot.co.in> wrote:
> > Have setup a wiki page for this:
> http://fsug-bangalore.deeproot.org.in/?Plans_And_Ideas
> Here are some random thoughts,

Here are some more,

>  About CD:
>      I guess a Gnu/Hurd, Gnu/Debian port of hurd
> should also be available.A copy of lastest build of
> knoppix 4.3 based l18n cd is yet to arrive from
> Dr.Nagaruna, we test and distrubute it for free,but
> for other we can charge Rs.20-30/-.

    Is it possible to setup something like a
"DistroOnDemand" where we have the latest iso images
of some the most popular distros in the HardDrive and when
somebody asks for a distro and gives the blank CDs
(He can bring his own blank CDs or buy some at the venue)
we burn it and give it to him right there.

    The problem is Bandwidth. I tried to strike a deal with all the
browsing centers near my house ( about 15 of them ). None
were intrested, The best deal I could strike was, a guy would
download the iso file and write it for me. The CD would be mine
and I would have to pay him Rs.40 per iso file. I told him to
download FreeBSD and never went back there. Now I cant even
use that road cause he might catch me. I am using a different road.

    I've never been able to get my hands on debian.
I'd love to try it. (I've used Knoppix 3.1) and also Slackware.

    Some of my friends (Seniors) in college (6th sem B.E Students)
after some GPL counselling are now willing to release their projects
as softwares under GPL. (Most of these guys dont even know what
sourceforge is about). Most of these are simple softwares that
can easily be found by googling once. Ex. 1 guy has developed
a software similar to gzip. one is something like a Netbus type RAT.
one is like Netcat and one software uses emmbedded stuff to take
voice commands to turn the kitchen lights or the room fan on or off.
If we can set a stage for these type of guys from all over the city,
We'll not only spread awareness among students but we'll be
encouraging the budding developer community.
Unfortunatly most of the VTU students have exams in July.
I dont even know if I myself can make it on July 21st.

Sreekiran.K.R - http://whitehats.cjb.net/ - dwija at phreaker.net
Registered Linux User # 335122 at http://counter.li.org/