[fsug-bangalore] Event in Bangalore on July 21st...

Rakesh 'arky' Ambati rakesh_ambati@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Mon Jun 14 20:48:23 IST 2004

Hi There,

--- Abhas Abhinav <abhas at deeproot.co.in> wrote:
> Have setup a wiki page for this:

http://fsug-bangalore.deeproot.org.in/?Plans_And_Ideas

Here are some random thoughts,

 About CD:

     I guess a Gnu/Hurd, Gnu/Debian port of hurd
should also be available.A copy of lastest build of
knoppix 4.3 based l18n cd is yet to arrive from
Dr.Nagaruna, we test and distrubute it for free,but
for other we can charge Rs.20-30/-.

 About T-shirts:

       Saji knows someone in the glugt,they seems to
have a stock of unsold t-shirts.We should sell them.It
will help them recover there investment.

 About the Books & Documentation cd:

         Now glugt again has a book published and I
heard that FSF is itself publishing some books,what's
the update Arun.Will they be available for the event.

We can build a Documentation cd on the lines of linux
gazette arcives cd.

Let's keep in mind that lot of programmer still work
with M$ desktop in their office.So, its a good idea to
have a M$ Free Software CD. (did I see that somewhere)

 For example, we can download the Activestate's
perl,tcl/tk and other software for win32.

  Gtcdrom.com had a cd with contained Gnu Software for
M$.But they are damn costly.

 What stickers and other stuff, I belive rms gives
them out everywhere.Arun, Can we have some of them.

cheers

--arky