[fsug-bangalore] Knock knock.

rkrishnan at antispam rkrishnan@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Sun Jun 13 20:41:22 IST 2004

> I'm not sure the old archives are any more there, since the lists
> changed location and names. I don't have much of a clue what happened
> with the organisation as such. But that's not what I want to talk about.

Probably I was mistaken. It may not be in archives at all, but I have those
emails with me perhaps.

There are several instances of misbehaviour and cheap tactics enacted by
the so called "torch bearers" of Free Software in India. Probably FSF India
should start conduct a philosophy quiz before taking them "onboard" (pun
intended :) ).

Certain members clearly do "double talk" - one in the fsf lists and another
in the rest of the lists. It has become a complete waste of valuable time
to read these lists, and so I unsubscribed from all afew days back, I
even unsubscribed from this list, but them thought of just continueing
as this is low volume.

I am sure, the great man himself knows most of what is happening, I have
myself pointed out many of the double-speak to him.

As RMS says, one has to be uncompromising (or have lots of money) to achieve
a task like spreading the Free Software Movement, I think, no single person
of the FSF-India (past or present) qualifies this criteria.

It's more noise than signal in the lists and it's time to go away from the
whole thing (atleast for me). I cannot tolerate this much of politics.

And one thing. The single big mistake RMS did was to start the FSF-India
headquartered in Kerala. And as Dr. Kurian says, "the problem with Kerala
is that there are too many malayalees there.. "

Ramakrishnan