[fsug-bangalore] Knock knock.

rkrishnan at antispam rkrishnan@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Thu Jun 10 11:52:31 IST 2004

Arun,

Yes, I know about these difficulties, and fully understand. It's just that
I am frustrated with afew individuals at the helm of fsf-india. If these
people change, probably everything will change.

Free Software Movement is one of the most noble movements ever in humanity,
so it is very important we do something about it. We need representations
in Govt committees etc (already "Open Source" guys who are headquartered in
Bangalore are in Govt committees). We also need ways to handle online
donations. If there were a way to donate monthly as in fsf-boston, I would
not have given that precious $10/month (now $20/month from June '04
onwards)I give to them and instead given that to FSF India. When I hear
people talking how the fsf-india funds were spent (like flight charges
for people etc) I do not feel like contributing to FSF-India as that money
I donate is earned after working very long and hard hours at my work place.

I hope things will change for good in the time to come. But for that a lot
of current practices and people have to change.

Ramakrishnan