[fsug-bangalore] Knock knock.

Sajith T S sajithts@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Wed Jun 9 09:00:19 IST 2004

Welcome back Abhas!

Abhas Abhinav wrote:

> Have a look and tell me if this will do fine:
> http://fsug-bangalore.deeproot.org.in/

Well, wish the wiki was a bit more good looking :) Hope a better CSS
will do... Or maybe, what about dhrupal, cowiki, mediawiki etc?

> Permit me to share the subscriber list (hope its fine with everyone):

I think this is still too small for Bangalore. Maybe time to launch
a PR initiative. How to go about doing this would be a worthy topic to
discuss about :)

> It would be nice if all of us could post a small introduction about
> ourselves here - that will ensure that we can have more meaningful
> discussion! And can depend on each others' respective strengths and
> resources to grow Free Software usage around here.

I'm a free software enthusiast (obviously) and a Doubting Thomas,
originally from Kerala. I do bit of Java and a lot of fooling around at
work, in a company here in Bangalore. I have a degree in computer
engineering, but honestly I'm clueless about either.

At college, I helped organising a talk by /the/ RMS, which served as
a good introduction to the very idea of free software. (Stuff from
those days is still at http://www.mec.ac.in/events/rms/)

I'm trying to love programming, wish I could do a bit of free software
development in my spare time, but since there isn't much of spare time
and resources, all I do as of now is bitching about life. Be careful
when you come near me, I'm looking for shoulders to cry on.

Btw, meeting this weekend is okay with me.

Sajith.
--
Your friends will know you better in the first moment you meet than
your acquaintances will know you in a lifetime.