Fwd: [Indlinux-news] Free Kannada Opentype Fonts from IISc

Sajith T S sajith@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Tue Aug 31 10:42:57 IST 2004

Guess many of us would be interested.

Sajith.

Subject: [Indlinux-news] Free Kannada Opentype Fonts from IISc
Date: Tuesday 31 August 2004 10:17
From: Sastry Ramachandrula <rsastry at gmail.com>
To: indlinux-news at lists.sourceforge.net

Hi all,

The Indian Language Technology Solutions Project at IISc is pleased to
announce the availability of two more Kannada Opentype Fonts named
"Kedage" and "Mallige" by next month.We would be happy to e-mail beta
copies of the fonts on request.
While Mallige is a handwritten font Kedage is a regular font with much
better glyphs compared to Sampige font.

We are in the process of ensuring GPL License for the fonts. We thank
all the users of Sampige font and wish them much better kannada
computing using the new fonts to be released on the following website
http://brahmi.sourceforge.net

Uttam & Sastry
Indian Language Technology Solutions Project
Deptartment of Management Studies
Indian Institute of Science
Bangalore