[fsug-bangalore] Ping!

Anand Babu ab@[EMAIL-PROTECTED]
Fri Aug 20 03:15:31 IST 2004

,----[ Suraj <suraj at symonds.net> ]
| Sajith T S wrote:
| ,----
| | So much silence here, again.  Hey people, everyone cool and
| | froody?  http://bangalore.gnu.org.in/ seems to be unavailable most
| | of the time.  What's wrong?
| `----
|
| I wanted to write the same too... ;/
|
| Thiyagarajan of ILUG-Chennai has plans of taking up free software
| in schools in bangalore as well!  Thats good news.  I asked him to
| subscribe to our list. Can the moderator please send him
| "Thiagarajan <thiaguwin at sancharnet.in>" an invite, i will write to
| him separately.
`----

Most of the contributors in the Free Software world are from schools
and universities (mostly pollution free environment). Thiyagaranan is
doing a great service by taking Free Software to the schools in
Bangalore. We should support him to the best extent possible.

As a user group, scope is very much confined to user support,
discussions and sharing ideas. We have much wider responsibilities in
this Free Software Movement. Bangalore being the IT hub of India,
importance of FSF-Karnataka is implied.

I had discussions with Arun and Rakesh during the FSF-I
Anniversary. At some point (when we gather enough momentum) Abhas,
Suraj and Rakesh should start planning towards forming FSF-Karnataka.

BTW, do we have a GNU MailMan interface for bangalore.gnu.org.in
lists?

--
Anand Babu
Free as in Freedom <www.gnu.org>