[Fsf-india] DEBATE: Why Linux... why GNU/Linux

E. Krishnan ekmath@md5.vsnl.net.in
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 12:27:24 +0530 (IST)

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Raghavendra Bhat wrote:

> You cannot convey the proper  meaning without emphasizing the name.  Can
> you tell me what book you have been reading of late, which says so ?

What do you mean "book"?  I don't copy my opinions verbatim from any book
but often rely on my own experience and analysis. Books help only so far
as to compare experiences.

> Sir, you should read  what RMS has to say here in,  `What's in a name ?'
> at least three times.

I think the answer to this is implicit in the response to the first
comment.

> I was not adding up meanings  to your statements but I was flabbergasted
> by your parroting non-sense and that too from a teacher of your stature.

Since it's a long time I've used your kind of language, deliberately
trying to provoke someone and thereby reduce any meaningful discussion to
an illogical brawl, I can't answer the charges here in the same tone as
yours. If you really want a discussion  (instead of drawing me to a battle
of words), please refrain from innuendos and insinuations and stick to
your point instead of casting aspersions all round.

--
Krishnan