[Fsf-india] DEBATE: Why Linux... why GNU/Linux

Khuzaima A. Lakdawala klak@giasbm01.vsnl.net.in
19 Mar 2002 11:10:22 +0530

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002 22:31:06 +0530, Raghavendra Bhat <ragu@vsnl.com> wrote:

> Gopal says so :
>
> > BTW: Did I mention debating on email is one of my favourite hobbies ?
>
> I would love doing  that with a guy like you who  does not veer from the
> main arguments.   I am really scared  of Raju Mathur because  he takes a
> `quote', rotates it  a full 180 degrees and subtly moves  the issue to a
> personal plane; confusing  everyone and taking the debate  to a personal
> spat  of sorts.   Ultimately the  thread  degenerates and  you see  huge
> flames jumping up.  I am really afraid.  ;-)

That's very well put.

One would have to be *extremely* talented to join a debate on the
naming of an operating system and end up accusing the members of this
list as "fascists". And this on a list whose purpose is to propagate
freedom.

--
Khuzaima A. Lakdawala