[Fsf-india] Mail from Prof K Gopinath

Frederick Noronha fred@bytesforall.org
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 15:15:42 +0530 (IST)

>    1. Mail from Prof K Gopinath (Arun M)

> Prof Gopinath has requested not to mail him regarding this.
> He wont be able to reply.
>
> Arun.
> ----
>
> I understand that there has been considerable criticism about not
> keeping various people informed. Just to state the facts:
>
> I do not read any mailing lists. If that is a req of being a board
> member of FSF India, I am certainly not suitable. I hoped that atleast
> one board member would be reading some of the various lists and
> crosspost. I informed fsf-board as early as possible about a tentative
> program for RMS.

Dear Prof Gopi, We do appreciate the difficulties and problems and
pressures that you have to cope with... and the reasons for the time-gap
in the announcements on the RMS visit are entirely understandable,
specially in hind-sight.

There is a big problem: doers don't communicate (usually) and
communicators (like myself!) don't do anything much!

How do we bridge this gap?

We do understand your busy schedule. But my feeling is that we in India
tend to communicate a little less than we should be doing (I don't mean
only you, but generally).

Can all of us on this list try and communicate a bit more regularly with
one another? FN
--
Frederick Noronha * Freelance Journalist * Goa * India 832.409490 / 409783
BYTESFORALL www.bytesforall.org  * GNU-LINUX http://linuxinindia.pitas.com