[Fsf-india] Integrating TTF fonts to GNU/Linux - HOWTO

Gopal.V gopalv82@yahoo.com
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 17:49:41 +0530

If memory serves me right, CK Raju wrote:
> Thanks Sugathan for that info on AbiWord. Any clues on StarOffice ?
	As long as the program in concern uses an X server for font rendering
(ie from gnumeric,kpresenter,....gimp....gedit) we can display any true
type glyphs in it. (I mean *any* TTF)

	The point is , how many minutes did it take you to type out 3 letters.
It's not just about putting a TTF (or a Type-1) into the XFS. It's about
complete localisation. ie starting from gcc LOCALES to GTK Inputmodules
(with transliteration).

	Please take a look at <www.pango.org> for a look at what *should*
be done. (and what hasn't been)

Gopal.V
PS: Hasn't anyone taken a look at TeX's malayalam rendering ?
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success