[Fsf-india] GNU/Linux in Schhools

E. Krishnan ekmath@md5.vsnl.net.in
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 07:35:48 +0530 (IST)

Arun and myself met the Director of Public Instructions, Kerala and
he shows considerable interest in introducing Free Software
in schools. The idea is to introduce it as part of IT curriculum in
High School classes. We will have to do some work regarding this.

1) Creating a custom GNU/Linux for our schools with educational and
   office tools
2) Creating  materials for training school teachers in GNU/LInux
3) Selecting and documenting good educational software
4) Gaining support from schools for implementing the same

The work requires a lot of man power. If you are willing to help in
taking charge of some of these efforts please let us know.

We are also interested in knowing your suggestions on what all we can do
as part of this project.

--
Krishnan