[Fsf-india] GNU/Linux in Schhools

Ramakrishnan M gnu@vsnl.net
25 Apr 2002 08:49:45 +0530

 || On Thu, 25 Apr 2002 07:35:48 +0530 (IST)
 || "E. Krishnan" <ekmath@md5.vsnl.net.in> wrote:

 ek> Arun and myself met the Director of Public Instructions, Kerala and
 ek> he shows considerable interest in introducing Free Software
 ek> in schools. The idea is to introduce it as part of IT curriculum in
 ek> High School classes. We will have to do some work regarding this.

That is great!

 ek> 1) Creating a custom GNU/Linux for our schools with educational and
 ek>    office tools

I am in the process of making a single CD Debian GNU/Linux with a
graphical cum console installer written by Progeny Debian, Inc (called
PGI http://hackers.progeny.com/pgi/). PGI is very very easy to use. I
have started experimenting with it.

 ek> The work requires a lot of man power. If you are willing to help in
 ek> taking charge of some of these efforts please let us know.

I am interested in helping with the above effort (effort #1).

best regards
--
    Ramakrishnan M         (http://www.hackGNU.org/)
    Use Free Software          (http://www.gnu.org/)