[Fsf-india] Freedom, affordable costs...

Ranjit Babu d0153019@ncb.ernet.in
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:30:52 +0530 (IST)

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Pappu wrote:

>  > 	We are all for projecting 'freedom' as the goal of Free Software.
>  > The only way you can negate the 'low cost' argument is by stressing on
>  > this.
> Sorry, I didn't understand what you mean.

	I said we can _negate_ the low cost argument by stressing on
	freedom. Which means promoting FREE software as the  flag bearing concept
	of freedom in the Computer Age is a better option for spreading the word,
	than talking about lower costs.

> As  far as  I  can  see, there  is  *NO* low  cost  advantage to  free
> software.  How can we claim  something we don't have.  I wouldn't mind

	I agree. I think you misunderstood my earlier email.

	My views match those that Fred has on the usability aspect- I
mean 'better' usability not usability per se. Maybe a discussion
on 'better' usability of free software would come up as a seperate thread
after the current arguments and discussions are resolved.

Regards,
Ranjit