[Fsf-india] Re:distributions minus non-free

Kanti Jadia Kanti Jadia" <j_kanti@rediffmail.com
4 Apr 2002 08:03:32 -0000

Hi,
Instead of rebuilding the packages,which takes its own
time(thinking of redistributing),the simpler approach would be to
list all non-free/commercial software from the distribution and
publish the same.

In this manner you do not stop them(offer freedom) to choose
whichever distribution they like, but highlight that the following
packages are non-free/commertial and that they should avoid its
use.

Kanti.