[Fsf-india] Re:distributions minus non-free

Khuzaima A. Lakdawala klak@giasbm01.vsnl.net.in
05 Apr 2002 21:13:16 +0530

On 4 Apr 2002 08:03:32 -0000, "Kanti  Jadia" <j_kanti@rediffmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Instead of rebuilding the packages,which takes its own time(thinking
> of redistributing),the simpler approach would be to list all
> non-free/commercial software from the distribution and publish the
> same.

This would be a very nice service offered by our website. A
comprehensive list of non-free softwares in all "popular" GNU/Linux
distributions.

This could be yet another web-applet to which authenticated volunteers
could submit entries.