[FSF-India] Typoes in the Brochure [Was Server down]

Radhakrishnan CV fsf-india@river-valley.com
Tue, 22 May 2001 15:38:08 +0530 (IST)

On Tue, 22 May 2001 at 13:56, Ramakrishnan M wrote:

   Thanks you, I got the updated one, and printed it.

   Unfortunately the printed output is *not* the same as what I
   see in the Acrobat reader.

What version of Acrobat you use? I printed in Acrobat version 3.0,
which is very old (the current version is 5.0, but in GNU/Linux we
have only 4.05). When it prints well with version 3.0 all higher
versions should.

   It also cribs that it is unable to load "some" fonts. It
   doesn't say which fonts.

Quite strange. Unlike Distiller, pdfTeX subsets all the fonts. It is
true that the document uses a home brewed/hacked fonts to have a
thin version. But it is completely subset and should not search for
any fonts in the system.

   Did you see the printed output? Am I the only person
   experiencing these weird problems?

I printed right now, sorry, I couldn't replicate the error. I have
now uploaded the postscript version to the site as a tar archive
(319 KB):

   http://foc.demonhosting.co.uk/fsf/fsf.tar.gz

This has both the documents in postscript format. Hope this helps.

Radhakrishnan