[FSF-India] compiling XFree86-4 in debian

Jayan S R fsf-india@gnu.org.in
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 19:41:11 +0530 (IST)

hi all

while compling XFree86-4 on Debian.

XFree86 complied with no errors, but when i run make install ( this is
where it compiles some of the X programs like xterm etc ) I got few
errors.

1. cannot find lz ( this is the Zlib library. All the libz.so..
are present in /usr/lib but the static lib was missing. oops I did not
install it ok I unpacked the src and built a static lib and copied to
/usr/lib and ran ldconfing. -- that error was fixed!!
2. ncurses was missing ok i managed to get the source compiled and
installd and -- that error too fixed!!

after all the process It is giving one more error which I could not fix.

Too many levels of symlinks aborting
Error make failed...

any ideas why this happens? or am I missing something.

regards

--
	jsr