[Fsf-india] IT Policy Govt of Kerala

Pappu pappu10@mailandnews.com
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 11:00:46 +0530

On Wednesday, 5 December 2001 21:47:32 +0530, Rajkumar S. wrote:
 > On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Pappu wrote:
 >
 > > I was asking about activities going  on at fsf-india.
 >
 > Their will not be any activities for FSF India unless *you* do some
 > thing.
I  am  repeating  this in  case  it  was  not  clear from  my  earlier
email. Mr Radhakrishnan has clarified  it, but you seem to have missed
my point.

 > Their will not be any activities list unless *you* report what
 > you have done.  (the you refers to all in the list).
I was specifically asking about what the FSF-I board and FSF-I working
group  are  doing. I  wasn't  asking  about  what any  individual  is
doing. I asked it just because I thought I was allowed to know.

 > Do you expect a secret cartel of people doing some Free Software black
 > magic some where with out informing any one.
I could not  find any resource explaining what  the FSF-India board is
and what  the FSF-India  working group is.  So I expected  some secret
cartel.

 >  Please post a summary of
 > your activities for promotion of free software to the list. When every
 > one posts their activity some one  can volunteer to produce a summary
 > and update the site.
I am  not a  board member or  working group  member.

 > Remember you have not employed any one any where to do free software
 > work and post weekly reports to you.
Please don't be angry with me.  I am just looking for information. Let
me know (off-line) clearly if you don't want me to ask.
 >  All and volunteers and all have same rights and responsibilities.
But what about the FSF-India board.  Is it not any thing special? Then
why was it formed at all? Is the working group not special? Again, let
clarify that I am asking doubts and not accusing any one.

 > > I happen to hear about an fsf-india board and an fsf-india working
 > > group. I am looking for activity reports of these two entities.
 >
 > Being a member of FSF WG, It was formed to Create an FSF India, do an
 > inauguration and Assisting RMS in selecting some people for Board. I
 > suppose all have seen those activities. As this work was completed the
 > WG is deprecated. The only thing remaining is the mail list.
But I came  to know about a few new working  groups being formed, much
after  the inauguration  of FSF-India.  May  be these  are the  secret
cartels. (What else can I infer?  I am being told that some thing that
was formed was deprecated before it was formed)

 > > Pardon me if I am not supposed to know these details.
 >
 > Who will pardon you?
Any one who think I have no right to ask these questions.

bye,
pappu.