[Fsf-india] IT Policy Govt of Kerala

Rajkumar S. raj2569@yahoo.com
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 21:47:32 +0530 (IST)

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Pappu wrote:

> I was asking about activities going  on at fsf-india.

Their will not be any activities for FSF India unless *you* do some
thing. Their will not be any activities list unless *you* report what
you have done.  (the you refers to all in the list).

Do you expect a secret cartel of people doing some Free Software black
magic some where with out informing any one. Please post a summary of
your activities for promotion of free software to the list. When every
one posts their activity some one  can volunteer to produce a summary
and update the site.

Remember you have not employed any one any where to do free software
work and post weekly reports to you. All and volunteers and all have
same rights and responsibilities.

> I happen to hear about an fsf-india board and an fsf-india working
> group. I am looking for activity reports of these two entities.

Being a member of FSF WG, It was formed to Create an FSF India, do an
inauguration and Assisting RMS in selecting some people for Board. I
suppose all have seen those activities. As this work was completed the
WG is deprecated. The only thing remaining is the mail list.

> Pardon me if I am not supposed to know these details.

Who will pardon you?

> If you look at the first mail sent by Ramakrishnan, he had asked
> about "activities" and the above quote from my email is regarding
> this point.

Again let me emphasis that since you have not posted your activities
report whose activities are you talking about. Their are no free
software "daemons" running secretly to produce a minute by minute
activity logs.

raj
--
ask not what your country can do for you
ask what you can do for your country