[FSF India] Re: WB Govt ties up with MSFT

Rajkumar S. fsf-india@gnu.org.in
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 16:14:12 +0530 (IST)

On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Pappu wrote:

> The government has no right to impose non free stuff on us.
> we should demand that the government use free software, just for
> the sake of freedom.
> If e-governance is not possible with free software, it should not
> be implemented.

While we all feel strongly about the Free Software philosophy, taking
such fundamentalist positions has a chance to do more harm that good.

Pappu, Can you come up with a text to be included in Raju's letter
about freedom?

> And removal of terms like open source..

When the term Open Source is included it actually does imply that Free
Software movement and Open Source movement are similar but different.

So why remove it.

FSF should always co-operate with other like minded orgs where ever
possible with out loosing its individuality. That will only do good to
the goals of FSF.

raj