[FSF India] Re: WB Govt ties up with MSFT

Ramakrishnan M fsf-india@gnu.org.in
Thu, 09 Aug 2001 19:01:25 +0530

"Rajkumar S." wrote:

> While we all feel strongly about the Free Software philosophy, taking
> such fundamentalist positions has a chance to do more harm that good.

RMS achieved his goal, without compromising his fundamentalistic position.
Imagine what would have happened if he had compromised his philosophy at any
point of time in the last 18 years?

> FSF should always co-operate with other like minded orgs where ever
> possible with out loosing its individuality. That will only do good to
> the goals of FSF.

Could you please elaborate how FSF should co-operate with other like minded
orgs without loosing it's individuality? By being a signatory of a letter which
doesn't mention about Freedom?

--
Ramakrishnan M                              <gnuhead@myrealbox.com>
World Wide Web:                  http://www.symonds.net/~rkrishnan/