[FSF India] Re: WB Govt (FaX Numbers of WB officials)Urgent

Satyakam Goswami fsf-india@gnu.org.in
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 13:35:47 +0530 (IST)

> On Mon, 6 Aug 2001 at 10:15, Satish Babu wrote:
>

> In the first place, I should thank Raju for coming out with a
> powerful letter.
>
>   I believe that there should be a local group who can take up
>   this issue and lobby the government. Are we aware of any
>   individual or groups in WB who can highlight the dangers of
>   this tie-up? Can we operate through local NGOs?  After working
>   in NGOs for long, I think NGOs can be powerful allies in this
>   struggle.
>
> This seems to be a viable method in the local level to put pressure on the
> WB government.
>
>   I also think that FSF-India should be prepared, with
>   appropriate tools (at the very least, a dossier of documents
>   that explain our position, and quoting examples of governments
>   of other provinces and countries) to respond to such
>   situations at short notice.
>
> Exactly.
>
>   Raju's letter is powerfully drafted. I wonder if such a letter
>   should be sent by snail-mail or e-mail? Would clogging up the
>   CM's mailbox brand us as cyber terrorists?
>
> Why not we have a web page for all those interested to sign? We
> shall keep the page for a period of one week or ten days and
> propagate the news to all the mailing lists inviting people to sign the
> document.
>
> After the specified period, we can submit a mass memorandum to the WB
> government. In the meantime, FSF Board can work out the dossier of
> documents.

Well we can Fax the letter signed by FSF india board Members to the higher
officials immedialtely.

Buddhadev Bhattacharya (Chief Minister): 0332215480
Mr Sitaram Yechuri in Delhi             : 0113747483

conatacts on Linux-india site as coordinators

Indranil Das Gupta :indradg@cal.vsnl.net.in
Darshan Shah :darshan_shah@vsnl.com

cheers
S.Goswami