[Fsf-friends] Comrades’ new-found love with

Sebin Jacob sebinajacob at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 13:23:17 IST 2009

> Justin, if you still have some more patience left in your mind, please
> read what communist party thinks about freedom :
>
> Tiananmen square:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananmen_Square_protests_of_1989
> About Stalin:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Purge
>
> Though I am not a member of FSF,I still don't think Stallman's view of
> freedom includes "Freedom to Kill"

Maxin,

Don't practice the way of communist bashing. Chinese Communist Party and
CPI(M) are two different entities. If you want to really point out the way,
the communist parties behave, take Indian examples. But probably, not it
this thread and not in this mailing group for fsf-friends might not be
interested in either glorifying or crucifying any political organisation. As
you said, the left had once opposed computerisation. They haven't denied it.
But as they realised it, they changed their stand. Its the greatest quality
of the party and should be well appreciated.

Regarding Stalin and Stalinism, there may be many opinions. But he was
instrumental in the organisational setup of the communist movement. Right
and wrong are perceptions only.

Sebin

--
...if I fought with you, if i fell wounded and allowed no one to learn of my
suffering, if I never turned my back to the enemy: Give me your blessing!