[Fsf-friends] [Fsf-kerala] Free Software in Higher Secondary

Pramode C.E. pramode_ce at yahoo.co.in
Thu Feb 12 21:12:31 IST 2009

> I remember myself asking in the ilug-cochin list about
> alternatives for our
> lab in engineering (computer science and engineering,under
> cusat) .and i got
> a very good response.I could also know that MEC,Kochi uses
> completely free
> software for all their lab work which is very appreciable

CS depts at Govt Engineering colleges  Trichur and Sreekrishnapuram use completely Free Software --- and many other college CS depts are shifting over ...

One or two enlightened faculty members can make a *lot* of difference - take for example the case of GEC Sreekrishnapuram - the CS dept professors
there will accept project reports only in LaTeX; simple things like this have a lot of impact.

Regards,
Pramode