[Fsf-friends] [Fsf-kerala] Free Software in Higher Secondary

ipmurali at gmail.com ipmurali at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 19:05:01 IST 2009

On Feb 12, 2009 7:42pm, "Pramode CE" <pramode_ce at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> > I remember myself asking in the ilug-cochin list about
>

> > alternatives for our
>

> > lab in engineering (computer science and engineering,under
>

> > cusat) .and i got
>

> > a very good response.I could also know that MEC,Kochi uses
>

> > completely free
>

> > software for all their lab work which is very appreciable
>

> CS depts at Govt Engineering colleges Trichur and Sreekrishnapuram use
completely Free Software --- and many other college CS depts are shifting
over ...

> One or two enlightened faculty members can make a *lot* of difference -
take for example the case of GEC Sreekrishnapuram - the CS dept professors

> there will accept project reports only in LaTeX; simple things like this
have a lot of impact.

I think there will be other way around also.
Students can insist that they will provide reports only in LaTeX.
I believe they have the right to do so, since in schools using Free
Software already introduced.