[Fsf-friends] [Fsf-kerala] Free Software in Higher Secondary

V. Sasi Kumar sasi.fsf at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 10:00:17 IST 2009

I will be away from the Net for a couple of days. Meanwhile, it would be
good if someone can draft a letter to the Education Minister asking for
removal of specific references to proprietary software in the Higher
Secondary syllabus. I think we can first try to get that done and then
try for introducing applications that will be of help in higher
education (such as Octave, GNU R, xmaxima, gnuplot, etc. for the science
stream) or later in life (like software for the audio visual media,
image editing, etc.). It looks like we will have to do some amount of
thorough planning for this. We will not only have to identify what
software would be good and also people to train teachers in them.

Best
--
V. Sasi Kumar
Free Software Foundation of India