[Fsf-friends] [Fsf-kerala] Free Software in Higher Secondary

Juan Carlos Gentile Fagundez jucar at hipatia.net
Wed Feb 11 15:24:48 IST 2009

On Tuesday 10 February 2009, Sasi Kumar wrote:
> I think this is an important thing that we have to take up. Can we
> send letters from FSUGs? I will also arrange to send a letter from FSF
> India. Let us take this up seriously. We need to suggest alternatives
> too. I understand that they teach Tally for Commerce students. We may
> not have a Free substitute for it. So, perhaps, we can suggest
> alternatives. Maybe we can suggest that things like video and sound
> editing be taught to students of humanities. Please come up with
> suggestions.

Dear Sasi (Nardamuni) , it is very nice to have subscribed to a list where you
are.
I subscribed to this list to understand  how Free Software - Free Knowledge is
going on in India (since I'm from South-America and from Italy). (And
specially Kerala since is apparently there where things are doing better). I
want also to understand more the role of FSF-India in this topics. In
South-America and in Europe we don't have good experiences with "our" FSFs,
(considering we have them... :)

A suggestion:
Will be interesting to have part of the FSF-India web-site dedicated to
education deeply, with wiki and also a very extensive list of softwares for
education. There are lots.

warm regards
juan