[Fsf-friends] [Fsf-kerala] School students in action...

V. Sasi Kumar sasi.fsf at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 16:15:58 IST 2009

On Sun, 2009-12-13 at 11:10 +0530, Pramode C.E. wrote:

> And here I am, "teaching" engineering  students who complain to me that this "LINUX" thing is extremely "difficult" to use!

My experience seems to show that this perceived difficulty increases
with age and education. In a sort of very generalised statement, I would
say that children learn these things very fast, school teachers come
with a mental block but learn soon, college teachers tend to think that
all these "new" things are a waste of time and "scientists" and such
"highly educated" people find it extremely difficult and unnecessary to
even move from using MS Office to OpenOffice. Of course this is a highly
generalised statement. This is a very interesting phenomenon.

Best
--
V. Sasi Kumar
http://swatantryam.blogspot.com