[Fsf-friends] [Fsf-kerala] School students in action...

Juan Carlos Gentile Fagundez jucar at hipatia.net
Sun Dec 13 19:37:54 IST 2009

On Sunday 13 December 2009, V. Sasi Kumar wrote:
 > On Sun, 2009-12-13 at 11:10 +0530, Pramode C.E. wrote:
 > > And here I am, "teaching" engineering  students who complain to me that
 > > this "LINUX" thing is extremely "difficult" to use!
 >
 > My experience seems to show that this perceived difficulty increases
 > with age and education. In a sort of very generalised statement, I would
 > say that children learn these things very fast, school teachers come
 > with a mental block but learn soon, college teachers tend to think that
 > all these "new" things are a waste of time and "scientists" and such
 > "highly educated" people find it extremely difficult and unnecessary to
 > even move from using MS Office to OpenOffice. Of course this is a highly
 > generalised statement. This is a very interesting phenomenon.
 >
 > Best

Hello dear Sasi and others:

I´m in this moment in Bolivia (south-America).
(Our hope comes from India)

I had an experience like that in Argentina (Posadas, Misiones) some years
back.
I started with a laboratory for around 20 kids (from 5 to 12 around) on free
software during holiday time (not official school time).
Just a lab 3 hours weekly (usually we worked more than proposed time reaching
6 7 hours) and for 2 month.

One of the resault was that 3 kids of 8,9,10 years old, after coming to the
lab, refused to go to the normal school lab (when the normal school started
again) with m$ window$.
The president of the school called me to migrate to free software the complete
school for 1500 kids.
In the other hand during the lab many many parents come to me also because
kids at home wanted to have FS. After that also parents asked me to have a
lab for them.
If we migrate brains (youngs kids). The ´thing´ is done.

thanks to India again.

warm regards

juan

			Gutta cavat lapidem

http://www.hipatia.net - http://aty.hipatia.net - http://guri.c-o-d-e-x.net
		marroncito.hipatia.info
Italia - tel: +39 3929657778 +39 3384192487 - India - +91 9633621956
jabber: jucar at hipatia.net
Fingerprint: 7464 DDDE 9D5D 3B6C CBF9  7699 A021 CE74 EA7A D95A
Public key 0xEA7AD95A at http://pgp.mit.edu