[Fsf-friends] FSF should distance itself from undemocratic, illegal, immoral and unjustifiable acts of protest.

Manilal K M libregeek at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 12:50:03 IST 2008

2008/11/18 haynes davis <haynesdavis at gmail.com>:
> "YOUR FREEDOM ENDS FROM WHERE MY NOSE BEGINS"
>
> The Boycott-Novell protest that was staged during the National Conference at
> Kochi was really unfortunate. Not because of the ideology of Boycott-Novell,
> but the the intentions of some of the protesters.
> Was it good to paste posters in other stalls and on someone else's posters?
> Was not it against the principles of freedom? Was it good enough to
> challenge the organizers that 10 posters will be pasted for each one
> removed? So the intentions seemed to be to interrupt the function rather
> than raising a cause. And the saddest part is that the protester himself was
> one of the organizer. The organizers gave us the opportunity to raise our
> concerns through open forum or  posters, but with out infringing on others
> freedom,without disrupting the function.
> Why some among us is writing articles in news papers opposing such
> initiatives live Kochi Conference? Do you think it was journalist who dug up
> the issue of cpim hijack of FSF. Some among us are creating confusion
> regarding the GRAND HIJACK THEORY. Why does not the FSF people stop the
> double speak. Please make the things straight and clean. Cpim has supported
> free software the most. Does not we need its support. Or why should we

If CPI(M) supports Free Software, then why did the members of this
party attended a MS marketing event? IKM and related stories are
history. Here is the latest one:
http://k-mug.org/content/LaunchReport.aspx

> accept its support and then accuse it of hijacking. if its true then please
> come forward with press release on FSF letter pad accusing cpim so that we
> can end the controversies.
> Why FSF still does not condemn the undemocratic, immoral way of protest that
> took place. Are these happening with the knowledge of FSF persons who were
> present in the venue. Are they supporting these.
>
> FSF should distance itself from undemocratic,illegal, immoral and
> unjustifiable acts of protest.
>
> Regards,
> Haynes.

We all know that CPI(M) has publicly endorsed Free
Software(http://www.cxotoday.com/India/Interview/We_advocate_usage_of_free_software_at_all_levels/551-81897-906.html),
but unfortunately, very few comrades follow it.

--
Manilal K M : മണിലാല്‍ കെ എം.
http://libregeek.blogspot.com