[Fsf-friends] [smc-discuss] Re: FSF should distance itself from undemocratic, illegal, immoral and unjustifiable acts of protest.

haynes davis haynesdavis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 13:05:47 IST 2008

> If CPI(M) supports Free Software, then why did the members of this
> party attended a MS marketing event? IKM and related stories are
> history. Here is the latest one:
> http://k-mug.org/content/LaunchReport.aspx

 "FSF India or FSF has any untouchability to Novell as far as we know.
Dr Nagarjuna was invited for a program and he spoke. I was invited,
I participated.
Even if Microsoft gives us a slot we will go and speak.
There is no issue in that.

I hope this answers your question."

these are the words of Arun.

> We all know that CPI(M) has publicly endorsed Free
> Software(
> http://www.cxotoday.com/India/Interview/We_advocate_usage_of_free_software_at_all_levels/551-81897-906.html
> ),
> but unfortunately, very few comrades follow it.

Why do RMS meet cpim leaders when he come to India. So its not just public
endorsement, cpim has proved its support through various actions it has
taken in this state. Who esle has supported free software movement in this
great way. Even then if it has got any short comings, lets us correct it.
Why dont we see these aversions for the news that bjp endorsing foss. So it
is clear that it is due to some people's anti cpim blindness (സിപിഎം വിരുദ്ധ
ജ്വരം :)  )  that is causing these issues.

Or else lets take a stand that cpim does not need to help free software
movement any further. We will tell cpim that we know how to protect and
spread freedom, we dont need your assistance. And make things very clear and
simple.

Its very imprudent to spread the 'GRAND HIJACK THEORY' any further. Lets
stop the nonsense.

Regards,
Haynes.