[Fsf-friends] Thank You, South Africa !!

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Sat May 24 09:21:19 IST 2008

"The national body of South Africa (SABS), as a P member of JTC 1,
hereby submits an appeal against the outcome of the fast track
processing of DIS 29500 Office open XML. This is based on the
procedures followed before and during the ballot resolution meeting
(BRM) held from 25 to 29 February 2008 to discuss the comments
submitted on the fast-tracked DIS 29500 and the proposed responses
from Ecma."

Read the full letter from
http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-61468/south-africa-appeals-against-ooxml-call-your-standards-body-now

Can we get BIS to back this appeal, considering it has voted no and
raised concerns about the process?

Cheers
Praveen
--